Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September 13 Parent Letter

WOW! How did it get to be Wednesday...Sorry it took me so long to post these. The kids did an awesome job last night - I'm so proud of them.

Parents,

Look for your child’s progress report in their folder today. Attached to it will be their reading record for the first three weeks of school. Please remember that when they are reading for their trophy, only books at or above their grade level are counted. Please sign and return the bottom portion of their progress report on Tuesday. I will replace the lowest non-test grade in one subject of your choice with a 100 if this is returned on Tuesday. Please write the subject next to your signature.

I will remind third and fourth grade parents again to buy some multiplication flash cards. Speed drill averages count as a test grade, and they must be able to work quickly. Please practice these every day.

Second grade parents – addition and subtraction flash cards will help the students get faster on their speed drills.

I will begin to take points off (-1) when the students write their numbers wrong, and am already taking points off (-5) when they leave their names off a paper. If your child has problems getting their numbers right, please practice with them at home.

We have standing water around the school after it rains. Mosquitoes are likely to be a big annoyance. Feel free to send insect repellant to school and I will hose down the kids before we go outside! Be sure to label with your child’s name.

Remember that tomorrow night, Tuesday, September 14 at 7:00 is our first PTL meeting. The children are performing one song and one song using the chimes. Please try to attend.

Lastly, tomorrow I will not be at school. It is a day that I need to take off my teacher hat and put on my pastor’s wife hat. Mrs. Jan Becker will be my substitute for the day. She enjoys being with the kids and they all know her. Please encourage them to be on their best behavior. I’ll be back on Wednesday, and will also be at the meeting that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment